Chance to win up to $500 towards your rates
If your rates account is up to date and you receive rates invoices via email, you will be entered into a quarterly draw for a credit to your rates account.
If you receive your rates via email, you will be entered into a prize draw for a credit of $350 towards your rates acccount.
If you receive your rates via email, and you pay the rates by direct debit the amount of the prize increases to $500.
How to apply
If you do not already receive your rates via email and would like the opportunity to win this rates credit, please complete our online application form to be in the next draw.
- By completing an online application, you agree to accept rates invoices by email to the email address you provide instead of by regular post.
- If you change your email address, please let us know what your new email address is without delay. Upper Hutt City Council cannot accept responsibility for rates invoices that cannot be delivered due to an invalid email address. Rates invoices that are not able to be delivered by email will be delivered to your last known postal address.
Pay your rates by direct debit and increase the prize from $350 to $500
If you currently pay your rates by direct debit you don’t need to do anything further to increase the prize. Direct Debits can be paid weekly, fortnightly, monthly, or each time an installment is due.
For further information please contact the Rates Team on (04) 527 2115 or (04) 529 0092 or email us.
Instalments, due dates and payment
Five instalments for rates payment will be issued during this financial year. The due dates (and penalty dates) for rates will be as shown on the reverse side of your rates notice.
Payment can be made by:
- visa / mastercard (online only)
- telephone or internet banking (as available through your bank)
- direct debit. Please check for further details on the reverse side of your rates invoice.
Direct debit is our preferred method of payment.
Please note: Credit card payments are subject to a 1.4% service fee charge.
For more information about how you can make a payment to Council refer to the resources and links section or contact us on (04) 527 2169.
|Instalment||Due Date||Penalty Date||For Period|
|One||31 August 2016||1 September 2016||1 July – 11 September|
|Two||31 October 2016||1 November 2016||12 September 2015 – 23 November|
|Three||15 January 2017||17 January 2017||24 November 2015 – 4 February|
|Four||28 February 2017||1 March 2017||5 February 2016 – 19 April|
|Five||30 April 2017||2 May 2017||20 April 2016 – 30 June|
Brochures and fliers included with rates invoices
Council regularly includes fliers and brochures with rates invoices. Click on a link below for more about these:
|Bookfest 2017—Giant charity book sale [JPG 368 KB]|
|Annual Plan 2017-2018: Have your say [JPG 76 KB]|
|Waste Minimisation Management Plan [JPG 51 KB]|
Last updated on 27 Mar 2017