815 Moonshine Road — retaining wall works
Monday 20th March until Friday 26th May – for remedial work due to a large slip at number 815 Moonshine Road.
Road closures will be in place at the following times:
- 9am to 2.30pm on all weekdays
- 9am to 4pm on weekdays during the school holiday period (14th to 28th of April)
Moonshine Road will be open throughout weekends from 2.30pm on Friday – 9.00am Monday morning and on Good Friday through to Easter Monday (14th to 17th of April).
For more information please contact Fraser Fleming at Porirua City Council on either of the following: PCC Office (04) 237 3835 | Mobile 021 309091 | Email FFleming@pcc.govt.nz
General maintenance within Upper Hutt for week commending Monday 27 March 2017
From time to time a temporary road closure may be required to allow for physical road works and local events. There may be some disruption to traffic as speed is reduced while going through or next to a work site. Stop/go traffic flow will also be in place where required. All work is weather dependent and time-frames may extend due to this.
- Akatarawa Rd – Hydro Seeding
- Aniseed Gr – footpath replacement
- Argyle Gr – footpath replacement
- Blue Mountains Rd (and roads around this area) – vegetation mowing
- Bulls Run Rd (approx 1.5km past Moonshine Hill Rd intersection) – construction of retaining wall (traffic delays of 15 – 20 minutes while work is taking place)
- Chatsworth Rd – kerb & channel repair
- Cruickshank Rd – installation of seed humps
- Dowling Gr – edgebreak repair (speed reduced going through/next to worksite)
- Edelweiss Gr – footpath replacement
- Elm St – footpath replacement
- Fendalton Cres – footpath replacement
- Mangaroa lights to Akatarawa Road – road resealing (26 March – 30 April, Night works 7pm – 5.30am)
- McLeod St (Clyma St to Craig Rd) footpath replacement (speed reduced at worksite)
- Norana Road (No. 24) – footpath replacement (speed reduced at worksite)
- Moonshine Rd – hydro Seeding
- Princes St – footpaths, resealing, kerb and channel
- Station Cr – footpaths, resealing, kerb and channel
- Twin Lakes Rd – asphalting
- Vista Cres – kerb and channel repairs
- Wallaceville Rd – vegetation mowing
- Whitemans Rd (Kiln St – Dunns St) This investigation of services depths prior to resealing could take place Thursday/Friday.
- Whitemans Valley Rd, from Twin bridges southwards to the gorge. Road widening and drainage upgrading
- Whitemans Valley Rd – hydro Seeding
- Whitemans Valley/ Blue Mountains Rd – kerb & channel repairs
State Highway maintenance:
Highway maintenance work in and around Upper Hutt only is outlined below. View the full list of works on the NZTA website at www.nzta.govt.nz/wellington-maintenance and www.nzta.govt.nz/wairarapa-maintenance.
SH2/SH58 Haywards Interchange Project: Read the latest developments on this project (28 February 2017)
State Highways 1 and 2
- Various ramp/lane closures for traffic sensor maintenance – on the Johnsonville northbound off-ramp and the Ngauranga SH2 southbound off-ramp.
- Arras Tunnel will be closed for maintenance over and above its usual monthly maintenance from Monday to Wednesday nights.
- Paving with asphalt and realignment of road markings takes place on SH2 Brown Owl from Sunday to Wednesday night
- Residents and businesses in these areas have received or will receive letters about the works: Vivian Street near Tory intersection; Willis Street/Karo Drive near approach to Terrace Tunnel; Clifton Terrace; residents opposite motorway seawall works; Fergusson Drive, Brown Owl; Chapel St, near Russell St, Masterton; near Chapel, Queen and Dixon Streets roundabout, Masterton.
|Location||Type of work||Start date|
|SH2 – North bound lane on SH2 from Mangaroa lights to Akatarawa Road
Fulton Hogan on behalf of NZTA are conducting scheduled re seal work.
|Road resealing||26 March – 30 April
Night works 7pm – 5.30am
|Rimutaka Hill Road – Road widening (Delayed until further notice)
The NZ Transport Agency will be widening one of the narrowest corners on the Rimutaka Hill Road, State Highway 2 between Wellington and the Wairarapa. The corner to be widened is approximately 4 kilometres below the summit on the Featherston side. Read more details on the NZTA website
|Road widening||For more information, contact Felicity Connell (Media Manager) at NZTA on (04) 897 4667, 021 507 990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Henry St, Kashmir Ave, Benge Cres, Rosina Gr, Totara park Rd, Fergusson Dr, Gemstone Dr, Amber Gr, Agate Gr, , Gillespie’s Rd, , Whangakoko Gr and Waimarama Gr.
Water supply and Wastewater projects
Ward Street wastewater pipe renewal
- Phase 1: Fergusson Drive to Maclean St intersection: 31 October 2016 – April 2017
- Phase 2: Maclean St intersection to Wilford St intersection: late 2017 – 2018
For more information about roads, transport and parking refer to the Resources & Links section.
Last updated on 27 Mar 2017