815 Moonshine Hill Road slip repairs and remedial works (Red Shed) from 20th March – 31 August
- Retaining wall works (Porirua side) – Remedial work due to a large slip at number 815 Moonshine Road. Road closures will be in place from 9.00am–2.30pm on all weekdays.
Moonshine Road will be open throughout weekends from 2.30pm on Friday—9.00am Monday morning
- Road slip repair (Upper Hutt side) – Thursday 25 May–25 June.
Repair of road edge slip (drop out) is expected to be completed in one month. Road users will experience delays during this time.
View ongoing updates about this work or register for email updates on the Porirua City Council website
General maintenance in and around Upper Hutt: Sunday 21 May–Saturday 27 May
From time to time a temporary road closure may be required to allow for physical road works and local events. There may be some disruption to traffic as speed is reduced while going through or next to a work site. Stop/go traffic flow will be in place where required. All work is weather dependent and time-frames may extend due to this.
- Agate Gr – footpath replacement
- Akatarawa Rd – Hydro Seeding
- Akatarawa Rd – footpath replacement
- Ararino St – footpath replacement
- Blue Mountains Rd (and roads around this area) – vegetation mowing
- Bulls Run Rd (approx 1.5km past Moonshine Hill Rd intersection) – construction of retaining wall (traffic delays of 15 – 20 minutes while work is taking place)
- Hikurangi St – road repair
- Princes St – footpaths, resealing, kerb and channel
- Station Cr – footpaths, resealing, kerb and channel
- Te Marua, south of golf course (riverbank works). Tuesday 23th –Saturday 27th, 8.30am – 3.30pm. Caution required for trucks accessing/exiting riverbank stabilisation works. Read more [PDF 1.7 MB]
- Totara Park intersection – Tuesday 23 May, 9am–3.30pm – Northbound lane closed for guardrail repair.
- Topaz St – Sunday 21 to Thursday25 May, 7.00m–5.30am for guardrail renewal (ongoing project). Stop/go in place north of Topaz St ,
- Wallaceville Rd – vegetation mowing
- Whakatiki St and Gibbons St intersection, north and south (detours in place). Tuesday 9 – Thursday 11 May, 7pm – 5.30am. Find out more on the NZTA website.
- Whitemans Valley Rd, from Twin bridges southwards to the gorge. Road widening and drainage upgrading
- Whitemans Valley Rd – hydro seeding
- Whitemans Valley – kerb & channel repairs
State Highway maintenance: New Zealand Transport Authority works (NZTA)
Some NZTA roadworks and other activities coming up this week in the greater Wellington region that may impact on traffic and residents include:
- Mt Victoria Tunnel closed Sunday and Wednesday night from 9pm, southbound remains open. Detour signposted. Paterson St, Mt Victoria Tunnel paving scheduled for Tuesday 23 May (night) has been cancelled.
- Owen Street, Belmont intersection – Lane closure Sunday 21 – Thursday 25 May.
- Petone on-ramp closure for paving Wednesday night. Detours signposted.
- Poplar Ave, Raumati South, intersection closed for roundabout construction. Intersection opens from Wednesday.
- Rimutaka Hill night work (paving/clear drainage channels) Tuesday 22 May, 7pm–5.30pm.
- Rimutaka Hill day work (paving/signs) Tuesday 22 to Friday 26 May, 8am–4pm.
- Terrace Tunnel closed Sunday and Wednesday night from 9pm, detours signposted.
SH2/SH58 Haywards Interchange Project:
Sunday 21 May–Thursday 25 May, 7pm–5.30pm. Stop/go traffic control to install ducts under road and lane closures for interchange finighing works. Read the latest developments on this project (1 May 2017)
Gemstone Dr, Sapphire Gr, Moonstone Gr, Jasper Gr, Beryl Gr, Crystal Gr and Garnet Gr
Water supply and wastewater projects
Pressure Management – Opposite 57 Kirton Dr – 48 Kirton Dr – works on berm alongside Kirton Drive
Ward Street wastewater pipe renewal
- Phase 2: Maclean St intersection to Wilford St intersection: late 2017 – 2018
For more information about roads, transport and parking refer to the Resources & Links section.
Last updated on 24 May 2017