815 Moonshine Road — retaining wall works
Monday 20th March until Friday 26th May – for remedial work due to a large slip at number 815 Moonshine Road.
Road closures will be in place at the following times:
- 9am to 2.30pm on all weekdays
- 9am to 4pm on weekdays during the school holiday period (14th to 28th of April)
Moonshine Road will be open throughout weekends from 2.30pm on Friday – 9.00am Monday morning.
For more information please contact Fraser Fleming at Porirua City Council on either of the following: PCC Office (04) 237 3835 | Mobile 021 309091 | Email FFleming@pcc.govt.nz
General maintenance in and around Upper Hutt Sunday 23 April – Saturday 29 April
From time to time a temporary road closure may be required to allow for physical road works and local events. There may be some disruption to traffic as speed is reduced while going through or next to a work site. Stop/go traffic flow will also be in place where required. All work is weather dependent and time-frames may extend due to this.
- Akatarawa Rd – Hydro Seeding
- Aniseed Gr – footpath replacement
- Argyle Gr – footpath replacement
- Blue Mountains Rd (and roads around this area) – vegetation mowing
- Bulls Run Rd (approx 1.5km past Moonshine Hill Rd intersection) – construction of retaining wall (traffic delays of 15 – 20 minutes while work is taking place)
- Chatsworth Rd – kerb & channel repair
- Cruickshank Rd – installation of seed humps
- Dowling Gr – edgebreak repair (speed reduced going through/next to worksite)
- Edelweiss Gr – footpath replacement
- Elm St – footpath replacement
- Fendalton Cres – footpath replacement
- Mangaroa lights to Akatarawa Road – road resealing | 26th March – 30th April, 7pm – 5.30am)
- McLeod St (Clyma St to Craig Rd) footpath replacement (speed reduced at worksite)
- Norana Road (No. 24) – footpath replacement (speed reduced at worksite)
- Moonshine Rd – hydro Seeding
- Princes St – footpaths, resealing, kerb and channel
- Rimutaka Hill Road (Paving) – Wednesday 26th – Friday 28th April, 8am – 4pm: Stop/go traffic control for asphalting resurfacing (various sites)
- Rimutaka Hill Road (Signage) – Wednesday 26th, 8am – 4pm: Stop/go traffic control to repair truck caution sign
- Rimutaka Hill Road – north of the summit (Drainage) – Friday 28th: Stop/go traffic control to maintain drains
- Silverstream – Lane closed for garden works (vegetation)
- Station Cr – footpaths, resealing, kerb and channel
- Te Marua, south of golf course (Riverbank works) – Wednesday 26th – Friday 28th April, 8.30am – 3.30pm: Stop/go traffic control for trucks accessing/exiting riverbank stabilisation works.
- Twin Lakes Rd – asphalting
- Vista Cres – kerb and channel repairs
- Wallaceville Rd – vegetation mowing
- Whitemans Valley Rd, from Twin bridges southwards to the gorge. Road widening and drainage upgrading
- Whitemans Valley Rd – hydro Seeding
- Whitemans Valley/ Blue Mountains Rd – kerb & channel repairs
State Highway maintenance: Sunday 16 April – Saturday 22 April 2017
SH2/SH58 Haywards Interchange Project:
Lane closures for interchange works and installing forewarning signs at Fergusson Drive, Silverstream and Hebden Crescent.
Wednesday 26th April – Friday 28th, various times during the day. Read the latest developments on this project (10 April 2017)
- Henry St, Kashmir Ave, Benge Cres, Rosina Gr, Totara park Rd, Fergusson Dr, Gemstone Dr, Amber Gr, Agate Gr, , Gillespie’s Rd, , Whangakoko Gr and Waimarama Gr.
Water supply and Wastewater projects
Ward Street wastewater pipe renewal
- Phase 1: Fergusson Drive to Maclean St intersection: 31 October 2016 – April 2017
- Phase 2: Maclean St intersection to Wilford St intersection: late 2017 – 2018
For more information about roads, transport and parking refer to the Resources & Links section.
Last updated on 24 Apr 2017