Temporary road closures coming up

  • Temporary Road Closure for Anzac Day Parade Tuesday 25 April 2017
    Fergusson Drive from, but not including, the Princes Street roundabout, to but not including, the Blenheim St roundabout, Wilson St from Criterion Ln and Bradley Ln to Fergusson Dr will be closed to vehicular traffic on Tuesday 25 April 2017 from 5am-9am for the purpose of the Anzac Day Parade and Dawn Service.
  • 815 Moonshine Road (retaining wall works): Monday 20th March until Friday 26th May
    To enable remedial work for a large slip at number 815 Moonshine Road. Road closures will be in place at the following times:

    • 9am to 2.30pm on all weekdays
    • 9am to 4pm on weekdays during the school holiday period (14th to 28th of April)

For more information please contact Fraser Fleming at Porirua City Council: PCC Office (04) 237 3835 |  Mobile 021 309091 | Email FFleming@pcc.govt.nz

  • Temporary Road Closure of William Durant Dr & Thomas Neal Cres on 28 May, 25 June, 30 July, 27 August and 24 September 2017
    William Durant Dr & Thomas Neal Cres will be closed to vehicular traffic on 28 May, 25 June, 30 July, 27 August and 24 September 2017 from 7am to 6pm for the purpose of a series of organised autocross events organised by Hutt Valley Motorsport Club (Inc)

Requests for a temporary road closure

None at this time

Applying for a temporary road closure permit

If you are planning a parade or street event that will close a public road, you need to have a temporary road closure permit. This is approval given for a road to be closed to vehicles and/or pedestrians at a certain place and point in time. It means you can hold your event to the standards required by law, and that we can create a traffic management plan so that everything runs smoothly. Gaining approval also means you won’t be fined, as closing a road unannounced is illegal.

You’ll need to:

  • Let us know in writing at least three to six months before the event. This gives us time to consult with and gain approval from everyone involved, as well as advertise the closure publicly for any objections
  • Applicant to source a Traffic Management company to submit your plan, once you have been given approval. This will need to be approved by making sure the event will be safe and run with minimal disruption. – they’re listed under traffic management equipment/services in the Yellow Pages.

View the temporary road closure application process

For more information about running an event in Upper Hutt and traffic management plan requirements, refer to the Resources & Links section.