Upper Hutt’s free Have a Go Day to showcase public and accessible transport options
The community is invited to a public transport and companion driving service open day on Saturday 9 September, at Upper Hutt Station.
UPPER HUTT, Wellington NZ, 31 AUG 2017—Upper Hutt City Council is partnering with Life Unlimited and Greater Wellington Regional Council to host a free Have a Go Day event on Saturday 9 September.
The Have a Go Day event is an opportunity for public and commercial transport providers to showcase and inform members of the community what services they provide. Attendants will find out how they can make the most of trains, buses, taxis, and other mobility vehicle services. The event will take place at Upper Hutt Station from 9.00 am – 2.00 pm on Saturday 9 September, alongside the Upper Hutt Spring Festival.
Public transport and companion driving providers will be on site to answer any questions the community may have regarding travel, such as:
- How to plan your journey
- Making it easier to travel with wheelchairs, mobility scooters, and prams
- Travelling with disability-assist dogs
- Kneeling buses and other accessibility features
- How to use a wheelchair hoist or ramp
Providers attending are:
- Driving Miss Daisy Upper Hutt
- Valley Flyer/NZ Bus
- Life Unlimited
- Lagans Pharmacy Upper Hutt
- Freedom Companion Driving Service Hutt Valley
- Freedom Medical Alarms/Wellington Free Ambulance
- Golden Oldies
- Hutt & City Taxis
The Have a Go Day event is proudly sponsored by the Upper Hutt City Council and Greater Wellington Regional Council.