Upper Hutt weather update: Tuesday 26 September, 10.15 am
Council has received reports of slips in the Moonshine, Akatarawa, and Mangaroa valleys. We are investigating and will update as we get more detail.
Drivers are advised to exercise extreme caution being especially mindful of speed, following distances, and surface water and debris.
Please keep an eye on your street stormwater drains and clear them if possible to avoid build-up of surface flooding.
Please secure loose items in your yard (such as trampolines and light outdoor furniture).
If you have any issues in your area, please call council on (04) 527 2169.
For more information:
- Go to our WREMO websites and Facebook page: wremo.nz, getprepared.nz/ | facebook.com/WREMOnz/
- Go to the NZTA website for traffic and highway conditions
- Ferry sailings may have been affected by the weather, check the Interislander and Bluebridge Cook Strait Ferry websites for updates
- Go to the Wellington Electricity website for all known outages in the region
- Go to the Wellington Airport website to check the flight information and updates