Building Consent requirements are set by central government (in Wellington) and are intended to ensure that buildings are safe, healthy and durable.
Resource consent requirements are determined by the Upper Hutt City Council district plan and are based around conditions specific to Upper Hutt and the District Plan zones (residential, industrial, rural etc.) They address effects on the wider environment – including noise, traffic and amenity.
Depending on the nature of the proposed work a building consent and/or resource consent may be required. Council staff are happy to advise on individual situations.
Upper Hutt City Council participates in the GoShift partnership and uses Goshift forms for certain applications.To ensure that we provide you with the latest versions of forms and their guidance our website links to the Goshift “tool box” web page where writable pdf forms can be downloaded and completed. Should you need help finding forms please call, we are here to help.
Building Application Forms
- Application for building consent and/or project information memorandum – Form 2 [GoShift]
- Application for amendment to building consent – Form 2 [GoShift]
- Memorandum from licensed building practitioner (certificate of design work) – Form 2A [GoShift]
- Statutory declaration as to owner-builder status – Form 2B [GoShift]
- Notice of owner-builder – Form 2C [GoShift]
- Application for code compliance certificate – Form 6 [GoShift]
- Memorandum from licensed building practitioner (record of work) – Form 6A [GoShift]
- Application for certificate of acceptance – Form 8 [PDF 270 KB]
- Amendment to compliance schedule – Form 11 [PDF 38 KB]
- Application for certificate for public use – Form 15 [GoShift]
- Extension of time [GoShift]
- Refund request form [PDF 100KB]
- Building services fees [PDF 169 KB] extracted from the Schedule of Fees and Charges
- Producer Statement for Construction – Form PS3 [PDF 401 KB]
- Producer Statement for Plumbing – Form PS3 [PDF 399 KB]
- Producer Statement for Drainage – Form PS3 [PDF 395 KB]
Certificate of Title for Building Consent, Resource Consents and Land Information Memorandum (LIM)
- To order a copy of a title visit the Land Information New Zealand website – http://www.linz.govt.nz/survey-titles
- Land Information Memorandum (LIM) – Online application form | PDF format
Fees and Charges
- Schedule of fees and charges [PDF 1.41 MB]
Planning Application Forms and Guidance Documents
- Submission on resource consent application [PDF 68 KB ]
- Written approval form (general) [PDF 61 KB]
- Written approval for deemed permitted boundary activity [PDF 66 KB]
- The Fencing Act 1978 (guidance document only) [PDF 63 KB]
- Relocating buildings [PDF 70 KB]
- Resource consent application form [PDF 183 KB]
- Resource consent application – Trees [PDF 114 KB]
- Application for deemed permitted activity [PDF 76 KB]
- Resource management fees [PDF 115 KB] extracted from the Schedule of Fees and Charges
Ways to Pay
Use the link in the Resources and Menu for more information on how to make a payment to Upper Hutt City Council.
Last updated on 29 Jun 2018