There are eight community noticeboards/billboards located within Upper Hutt for use by clubs and organisations to promote their Upper Hutt community event. The noticeboards are very popular, often booking out months in advance.
It is free for community groups to make use of this promotional tool, though Upper Hutt City Council events take priority.
The noticeboards are in the following locations:
- Fergusson Drive – opposite Ebdentown Street
- Gibbons Street – by River Road entrance to Upper Hutt
- Akatarawa Road – outside Harcourt Park
- Fergusson Drive – by Rimutaka Tavern
- Kirton Drive – by Riverstone Terraces roundabout
- Fergusson Drive – by Pumpkin Cottage in Silverstream
- Totara Park Road – Totara Park side of the bridge
- Whakatiki Street – before entering River Road
Your sign must be a minimum of 1.6m wide x 1.2m high and a maximum 2m wide x 1.4m high. Signs must be stapled to the boards rather than fastened with screws or bolted to the boards.
If you would like to make use of the community noticeboards please complete our online booking form.
For queries related to the ‘Community Noticeboards’ (listed above), please contact Adam Reynard, Marketing and Events on (04) 527 2183 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Control of Temporary Signs Bylaw 2018 regulates temporary signs in Upper Hutt. Temporary signs include signs advertising one-off events in Council-approved places, election signage, open home signs (e.g. directional signage), general real estate signs, sandwich boards and teardrop flags.
You must comply with the rules of the Bylaw if you want to erect a temporary sign in the city. Please read the Bylaw before putting your sign(s) up.
For queries about the Bylaw, please email Amanda Saville (Compliance Officer – Resource Management) at email@example.com
Any group is able to advertise their event using temporary signs in nine approved places. These locations are:
- Fergusson Drive at Silverstream (signs in this area must have no more than 6 words or 40 characters)
- Somme Road in front of Heretaunga Station
- Alexander Road (signs in this area must have no more than 6 words or 40 characters)
- Moonshine Road at SH2
- Kirton Drive – Entrance to Riverstone Terraces
- Whakatiki Street at SH2
- Fergusson Drive – East of CBD
- Totara Park Road between bridge and first roundabout
- Norana Road between Sunstone Crescent and SH2
Signs must be located within the hatched areas as shown on the maps in the Bylaw and have a minimum letter height of 160mm. Signs in approved places must comply with specific requirements set out in clause 6 of the Bylaw.
An application may be made to the Council for an exemption from any of the requirements in the Bylaw, except the maximum time for which the sign can be displayed, and the maximum size for the particular type of sign. Any proposal for a temporary sign that exceeds the maximum size or time requirements set out in the Bylaw will be regulated by the District Plan.
Last updated on 11 Oct 2018