Please note the following alert for Pakuratahi Forest/Remutaka Cycle Trail.
A section of Pakuratahi Forest between Maymorn gate and Tunnel Gully will be harvested this winter. The works will start from 25th June 2018 and continue for approximately six months. This will affect the Remutaka Cycle Trail.
For more information and updates go to the Pakuratahi Forest section of the Greater Wellington website – www.gw.govt.nz/pakuratahi<http://www.gw.govt.nz/pakuratahi>
Explore Upper Hutt walkways with over 80 attractive parks and gardens with majestic trees, and picnic and play areas throughout the city.
The boundaries of Upper Hutt extend from Silverstream Bridge in the south-west to the summits of the Rimutaka Range in the east and Akatarawa Range in the north.
We have put together the best of our walkways in one handy booklet, called Explore Upper Hutt. Discover more than 20 different walkways in our city, and see the best Upper Hutt has to offer.
View or download our Explore Upper Hutt walkways booklet (PDF 2 MB)
If you would like a hard copy, you can pick one up from the Upper Hutt i-SITE Visitor Information Centre or from Council reception.
Please remember before you go
If you’re going on any walk or tramp which will lead you to isolated areas, take time to plan your trip. Not all areas have cellular coverage.
- Go with one or more friends.
- Tell someone where you plan to walk and approximately how long it will take.
- Wear suitable warm clothing and strong footwear.
- Be particularly careful regarding fires, cigarettes, and dogs. Many of the tracks are in forestry areas.
- Remove any litter and dog droppings.
- Check for weather updates at metservice.com
Last updated on 07 Sep 2018