Certain entertainment activities held in Upper Hutt will require a permit, even if the activity is only temporary. The permit approval process considers steps taken to reduce risk to the public, the safe and hygienic preparation, storage, and service of food, and compliance with existing bylaws or conditions relevant to that activity.

For more information about amusement equipment and/or ‘rides’, please contact the Environmental Health Officer on (04) 527 2169.

Please use the Resource & Links section to select the application form that is relevant to you. It is important that you keep a copy of your application and permit and are able to produce it when required.

Failure to produce a permit when required may result in your removal from that area, or impact on your future permit applications.

Street Stall, Appeal, Raffle and Busking

The application process for temporary activities, such as busking and street collections, also ensures that those approved to carry out their activities on a certain day are not competing with others conducting the same activity, and that when these activities take place they do not interrupt local business or public access.

Complete your application online using the link provided in the Resources and Links section.

Please allow 7 – 10 days for processing after submitting your online application.

We will contact you to confirm your application.

For further information please also refer to the Public Places Bylaw (Trading in Public Places). A link to this bylaw is provided in the Resources and Links section.







Read related news »

Last updated on 04 Sep 2018