If you are just starting up a new hairdressing business or have an existing one, you need to apply for a licence. We recommend that you contact us to discuss your plans.

Please use the links in the Resource & Links section for the application form and then submit your form and payment to Upper Hutt City Council. The Resource & Links section also provides links to more information including ways to make a payment to Council.

All hairdressing shops must be registered with the local authority under the Health Regulations 1966 (Registration of premises). The Certificate of Registration must be displayed in a public part of the premises.

You will be invoiced annually for your registration, this fee  must be paid before 30 June every year.


Read related news »

Last updated on 15 Apr 2019