There are a number of ways you can pay accounts owing to the Upper Hutt City Council.

Pay it online

Credit card payments are accepted via our online services for the following invoices:

  • Building Consent
  • Debtor accounts
  • Dog registration
  • Land Information Memorandum (LIM)
  • Parking infringements, and
  • Rates (refer to the Resources and Links for more information)
  • Resource Consent
  • Water

Please note: Credit card payments are subject to a 1.4% service fee charge.

Click here to make a payment using our online services

Internet Banking (our bank account details)

To make a payment to the Upper Hutt City Council you must access your bill payment details through your own banking system.

You can use the templates set up in your internet banking by searching for Upper Hutt City Council. There are two templates set up, one for Rates, and one for Dog Registration.

Alternatively you can make the payment using the details below.

Bank account details for the Upper Hutt City Council are:

ANZ Upper Hutt: 01-0771-0018890-03

The following payments can be made via telephone/internet banking:

Invoice Type The reference details we need from you are …
Debtor 1.  Customer Number
2.  Customer Name
1.  Type DG (before your Account Identification Number)
2.  Account Identification Number
3.  Owner Name
Note: Please sign, date and return your completed dog registration form to:Upper Hutt City Council
838–842 Fergusson Drive
Private Bag 907
Upper Hutt 5140Click here to find out more about dogs and the dog registration process
Land Information
Memorandum (LIM)
  1. LIM number
  2. Invoice Number
  3. Customer Name (as supplied on LIM application)

Please note:

  • Payment can only be made on receipt of your invoice.
  • Work on your LIM application will not commence until payment has been confirmed.
  • Any additional processing costs will be invoiced separately once the LIM is completed.

Click here to find out more about LIMs and the LIMs process.

Miscellaneous 1. Account Number
2. Account Name
Miscellaneous 1.  Account Number
2.  Account Name
1.  Infringement Number
2.  Car Registration Number
3.  Reference Number ‘PK
Rates 1.  Property Number (located at the top-left of your rates invoice)
2.  Surname
Rainwater tank 1.  Your Surname
2.  Reference Number ‘4807502
Resource consent 1.  Customer Number
2.  Invoice Number
Water meters 1.  Account Number
2.  Account Name

Direct Debit (Rates and Water Meter)

You can pay your rates and/or water meter by direct debit. Rates options are weekly, fortnightly, monthly, or by instalment on the due date. Use the links in the Resource & links section for more rates information (including our rates calculator) or email us for assistance.

Water meter payments are due are on the 20th of each month following due date. For further assistance please email us.

For more information about our Rates Direct Debit Calculator or to complete an online Direct Debit Authority please refer to the Resources and Links section.

In Person (Council Civic Building)

You can come to the Council Civic Building, 838-842 Fergusson Drive, Upper Hutt. We’re open Monday to Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm

Please remember to bring your account with you. You can pay using:

  • Cash
  • Cheque

By Post

Mail a Cheque or NZ Post Money Order, payable to Upper Hutt City Council. Cheques should be marked “Not Transferable”.

Post to: Upper Hutt City Council
Private Bag 907
Upper Hutt 5140

Council also operates a secure mail drop box which is cleared at 8am Monday to Friday. The drop box is located outside the front entrance to the Civic Building on Fergusson Drive.

If you have any queries or for more information please contact us on (04 527 2169 email us.

Read related news »

Last updated on 14 Jan 2019