Chance to win up to $500 towards your rates
If your rates account is up to date and you receive rates invoices and correspondence via email, you will be entered into a quarterly draw for a credit to your rates account.
If you receive your rates and correspondence via email, you will be entered into a prize draw for a credit of $350 towards your rates account.
If you receive your rates and correspondence via email, and you pay the rates by direct debit the amount of the prize increases to $500.
How to apply
If you do not already receive your rates via email and would like the opportunity to win this rates credit, please complete our online application form to be in the next draw.
- By completing an online application, you agree to accept rates invoices and correspondence by email to the email address you provide instead of by regular post.
- If you change your email address, please let us know what your new email address is without delay. Upper Hutt City Council cannot accept responsibility for rates invoices and correspondence that cannot be delivered due to an invalid email address. Rates invoices and correspondence that are not able to be delivered by email will be delivered to your last known postal address.
Pay your rates by direct debit and increase the prize from $350 to $500
If you currently pay your rates by direct debit you don’t need to do anything further to increase the prize. Direct Debits can be paid weekly, fortnightly, monthly, or each time an instalment is due.
For further information please contact the Rates Team on (04) 527 2115 or (04) 529 0092 or email us.
Instalments, due dates and payment
Five instalments for rates payment will be issued during this financial year. The due dates (and penalty dates) for rates will be as shown on the reverse side of your rates notice.
Payment can be made by:
- visa / mastercard (online only)
- telephone or internet banking (as available through your bank)
- direct debit. Please contact Council on (04) 527 2169 for more details.
Direct debit is our preferred method of payment.
Please note: Credit card payments are subject to a 1.4% service fee charge.
For more information about how you can make a payment to Council refer to the resources and links section or contact us on (04) 527 2169.
|Instalment||Due Date||Penalty Date||For Period|
|One||31 August 2018||3 September 2018||1 July – 11 September|
|Two||31 October 2018||1 November 2018||12 September – 23 November|
|Three||15 January 2019||16 January 2019||24 November – 4 February|
|Four||28 February 2019||1 March 2019||5 February – 19 April|
|Five||30 April 2019||1 May 2019||20 April – 30 June|
The penalty date for an instalment will be the penalty date for the next instalment if the recorded due date for an instalment is less than 14 days from the actual delivery date of that instalment invoice.
Brochures and fliers included with rates invoices
Council regularly includes fliers and brochures with rates invoices. Click on a link below for more about these:
Garden Watering Restrictions [PDF, 123 KB]
Upper Hutt has garden watering restrictions in place all year round.
If you live in an ODD-numbered house, you can only use a single sprinkler or irrigation system on ODD-numbered dates between 6am-8am and 7pm-9pm.
If you live in an EVEN-numbered house, you can only use a single sprinkler or irrigation system EVEN-numbered dates between 6am-8am and 7pm-9pm.
Giant Charity Book Sale | The Rotary Club of Heretaunga
Where and When?
Last updated on 22 Jan 2019