General maintenance in and around Upper Hutt this week
From time to time a temporary road closure may be required to allow for physical road works and local events. There may be some disruption to traffic as speed is reduced while going through or next to a work site. Stop/go traffic flow will be in place where required. All work is weather dependent and time-frames may extend due to this
- California Dr – Totara Park area – UFB instillation
- Crystal Gr – Kerb and channel works
- Gibbons St – Sewer main renewal
- McLeod St – Footpath works and kerb & channel
This work is weather dependent.
For information about roads, transport and parking refer to the Resources & Links section.
State Highway maintenance—New Zealand Transport Authority works (NZTA)
You can view ALL maintenance work for Wellington and Wairarapa on the NZTA website (will open in a new window)
Some scheduled highway road works and activities that may impact on state highway traffic and Upper Hutt residents are listed below. Neighbours have been notified when road works occur nearby.
- Remutaka Hill Road—Overnight Closures: 9pm to 4am from Sunday 24 March to Friday 29 March. For more information visit www.nzta.govt.nz/remutaka
- Tunnels close for maintenance overnight in Wellington from 9pm: Terrace Monday, Mt Victoria Tuesday, Arras Wednesday
- Bridge joints and guardrails being upgraded on the urban motorway – lane closed
- Bottom of Ngauranga Gorge, onramp to SH2. Closed on Thursday night from 10pm. Follow the signs to get on to SH2.
- Line-marking on the Rimutaka Hill Road at night on the Featherston side – please take care for the safety of the crew and keep off the freshly painted lines
Totara Park/California/Turon/Malcolm Gillies Roundabout
Water supply and wastewater projects
For information on water projects in and around Upper Hutt, please visit our Water Projects page
Last updated on 15 Apr 2019