Karapoti Road | Update Wednesday 20 December 2017
Road closures in Karapoti Road due to storm and earthquake damage – just past No.126
The gate has been removed and the road has been reopened to the public for the Christmas period. There is still work to do at the second wall after Christmas so a temporary chipseal has been applied today as a waterproofing/holding coat. The loose chip signs will remain up and the loose chip will not be swept off as it helps protect the underlying waterproof coat until the permanent surface has been laid.
The road above first wall will be asphalted on Thursday. Weather permitting, the roadmarker is scheduled to restore the edgeline roadmarkings in the next two days.
General maintenance in and around Upper Hutt this week
From time to time a temporary road closure may be required to allow for physical road works and local events. There may be some disruption to traffic as speed is reduced while going through or next to a work site. Stop/go traffic flow will be in place where required. All work is weather dependent and time-frames may extend due to this.
- Akatarawa Rd – mowing of Akatarawa Valley road sides
- Pinehaven Rd/Wyndham Rd – road surface repairs
- Forest Rd – road surface repairs
State Highway maintenance—New Zealand Transport Authority works (NZTA)
Some scheduled highway roadworks and activities that may impact on state highway traffic and residents are listed below. Neighbours have been notified when roadworks occur nearby.
- Tunnels close for maintenance overnight in Wellington from 9pm: Terrace Monday, Mt Victoria Tuesday, Arras Wednesday
- Bridge joints and guardrails being upgraded on the urban motorway – lane closed
- Bottom of Ngauranga Gorge, onramp to SH2. Closed on Thursday night from 10pm. Follow the signs to get on to SH2.
- Line-marking on the Rimutaka Hill Road at night on the Featherston side – please take care for the safety of the crew and keep off the freshly painted lines
- Kirton Dr
- Riverstone Dr
- Cosgrove Rise
- Swain Gr
- Lila Gillies Gr
- Corey Jane Gr
Water supply and wastewater projects
- Main St, Wakefield St, Logan St, Tapestry Gr—water/wastewater mains renewal from 10 July 2017
Contractors will be working in sections along Main Street, Wakefield Street, Logan Street and Tapestry Grove from 7:30am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday, with some Saturday work, through to the end of September. Traffic management will be in place, and some on-street car parks next to our work site will be restricted at times. Pedestrian access to all businesses will be maintained throughout the project. Council will be carrying out road improvements in Wakefield Street and Main Street throughout the duration of the above water works. The footpath, kerb, channels and road surface will be upgraded as the pipe renewal work is completed. Please note that these roading improvements will extend the hours of work into the night and weekends. The roading work will continue past the pipe renewal completion of 30 September.
Find out more about this project on the Wellington Water website: https://wellingtonwater.co.nz/work-in-your-area/main-street/Read the media release here: https://wellingtonwater.co.nz/about-us/news/water-and-wastewater-pipe-renewals-to-start-in-upper-hutts-city-centre-monday-10-july/
- Ward St wastewater pipe renewal: Phase 2—Maclean St intersection to Wilford St intersection late 2017/2018
Find out more about this project on the Wellington Water website: https://wellingtonwater.co.nz/work-in-your-area/ward-street/
For more information about roads, transport and parking refer to the Resources & Links section.
Last updated on 15 Jan 2018