General maintenance in and around Upper Hutt this week
From time to time a temporary road closure may be required to allow for physical road works and local events. There may be some disruption to traffic as speed is reduced while going through or next to a work site. Stop/go traffic flow will be in place where required. All work is weather dependent and time-frames may extend due to this.
- Main St and Wakefield St – Road surface repairs
- Akatarawa Rd – Road surface repairs
- Gard St, Gloucester St and Terminus St – Reseals
This work is weather dependent.
For information about roads, transport and parking refer to the Resources & Links section.
State Highway maintenance—New Zealand Transport Authority works (NZTA)
Some scheduled highway road works and activities that may impact on state highway traffic and residents are listed below. Neighbours have been notified when road works occur nearby.
- Tunnels close for maintenance overnight in Wellington from 9pm: Terrace Monday, Mt Victoria Tuesday, Arras Wednesday
- Bridge joints and guardrails being upgraded on the urban motorway – lane closed
- Bottom of Ngauranga Gorge, onramp to SH2. Closed on Thursday night from 10pm. Follow the signs to get on to SH2.
- Line-marking on the Rimutaka Hill Road at night on the Featherston side – please take care for the safety of the crew and keep off the freshly painted lines
- Clyma St, Craig Gr, McCurdy St, Fraser Cr, Redwood St, Massey, St, Rongonui St, Joseph Gr
- Hall Gr, Bonnie Glenn Cr, Gibbons St, Victoria St, Riverbank St, Hazel St, Elm St, Oak St
- Hudson Av, Oxford Cr, Kowhai Av, Ebdentown St
- Sunstone Cr, Opal Av, Mount Marua Dr, Snowberry Gr, Gentian St
Water supply and wastewater projects
For information on water projects in and around Upper Hutt, please visit our Water Projects page
Last updated on 16 Jul 2018