General maintenance in and around Upper Hutt this week
From time to time a temporary road closure may be required to allow for physical road works and local events. There may be some disruption to traffic as speed is reduced while going through or next to a work site. Stop/go traffic flow will be in place where required. All work is weather dependent and time-frames may extend due to this.
- Black Beech St – Cycle trail along river path
- Blue Mountains Rd – Rural drainage and shoulder repairs
- California Dr – Totara Park area – UFB instillation
- Wallaceville Rd – Road surface repairs
- Whirinaki Cr – Footpath replacement
This work is weather dependent.
For information about roads, transport and parking refer to the Resources & Links section.
State Highway maintenance—New Zealand Transport Authority works (NZTA)
Some scheduled highway road works and activities that may impact on state highway traffic and residents are listed below. Neighbours have been notified when road works occur nearby.
- Tunnels close for maintenance overnight in Wellington from 9pm: Terrace Monday, Mt Victoria Tuesday, Arras Wednesday
- Bridge joints and guardrails being upgraded on the urban motorway – lane closed
- Bottom of Ngauranga Gorge, onramp to SH2. Closed on Thursday night from 10pm. Follow the signs to get on to SH2.
- Line-marking on the Rimutaka Hill Road at night on the Featherston side – please take care for the safety of the crew and keep off the freshly painted lines
Totara Park/California/Turon/Malcolm Gillies Roundabout
Water supply and wastewater projects
For information on water projects in and around Upper Hutt, please visit our Water Projects page
Last updated on 10 Dec 2018