Stopping a road

From time to time Upper City Council will permanently close part or all of a road. This is referred to a ‘stopping a road’.

Under section 342(1) of the Local Government Act 1974, Upper Hutt City Council is required to publicly notify and propose any road stopping in order to allow the public to object and or provide feedback on the proposed change.

All current road stopping proposals are notified on

Read related news »

Last updated on 10 Oct 2016