Zero Waste and Community Environment Fund
The Upper Hutt City Council Zero Waste and Community Environment fund seeks to support practical sustainability initiatives related to waste minimisation, environmental protection and community resilience. The 2018 funding round is open from 1 March to 29 March. An application form for the 2018 funding round is available for download in the Resources and Links section during March. (This fund was previously called the Zero Waste and Community Garden fund).
Who can apply:
- early childhood education facilities.
- community gardens providers and charitable community organisations wishing to partner with existing community gardens providers.
- social enterprises and not-for-profit organisations.
- applicants must operate within the Upper Hutt boundary.
The priorities for funding are:
- The extent the project will directly reduce waste to landfill or support initiatives for environmental protection.
- The extent the project will indirectly reduce waste to landfill or support initiatives for environmental protection through the educational impact on the wider community.
- The extent the project will build community resilience.
- The project shows how success will be measured .
- The likelihood of the project becoming self-sustaining.
Please note that recipients of funds from the 2017 round need to have completed an accountability form to be considered for funds in the 2018 round.
If you have any queries, please contact Upper Hutt City Council (04) 527 2169 or email email@example.com.
Links to more information are provided in the Resources and Links section.
Community Gardens are run by volunteers and are great places to meet others in your neighbourhood, learn or share skills, and to grow and harvest food. There are 5 community gardens in Upper Hutt. Some of them are happy to receive household fruit and vegetable scraps if you can’t compost at home. All of the community gardens in Upper Hutt are happy to hear from new volunteers.
Orongomai Marae Maara Kai
Contact: Tim at the Marae office on 527 8944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tawai Community Garden
Contact: Marina James on 021 502 599
Timberlea Community Garden
Contact: Rau Sparrow email@example.com
Lane Park Church Community Garden
Contact: 526 4219
Operation Green Thumb Community Garden Network
Contact: 934 2629 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated on 10 May 2018