The Upper Hutt City Council Zero Waste and Community Garden fund seeks to support practical sustainability initiatives related to waste minimisation and community resilience. The focus is on those initiatives which encourage community participation and long term action.
Who can apply:
- early childhood education facilities.
- community gardens providers and charitable community organisations wishing to partner with existing community gardens providers.
- social enterprises and not-for-profit organisations.
- applicants must operate within the Upper Hutt boundary.
The priorities for funding are:
- The extent the project will directly reduce waste to landfill.
- The extent the project will indirectly reduce waste to landfill through the educational impact on the wider community.
- The extent the project will build community resilience.
- The project shows how success will be measured .
- The likelihood of the project becoming self-sustaining.
You can follow the link in the Resources and Links section to download an application form if you wish to know more about this fund.
The next funding round will open in March 2018.
If you have any queries, please contact Upper Hutt City Council (04) 527 2169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to more information are provided in the Resources and Links section.
Last updated on 21 Dec 2017