- recyclable batteries
- paint stripper
- pool chemicals
- thinners and degreasers
- petrol, oil and car batteries
- cleaning chemicals – bleach and disinfectants
- wood preservatives
- garden chemicals and pesticides
- fluorescent light bulbs
- domestic gas bottles – on Sunday 29 October only (Please note there is a $5 charge per gas bottle)
Items that will not be collected are:
- medical waste or needles
- ammunition or explosives and
- commercial waste
Where to take other items:
E-waste recycler, ‘Recycling for Charity’ is an Upper Hutt business that will recycle your computers and other electronic waste. They donate a percentage of their profit to a charity of your choice. Alternatively, you can take your e-waste to EarthLink.
Lane Park Church are recycling mobile phones for the Jane Goodall Institute. You can drop your preloved phone at the Lane Park Church office, phone 528 6515. Alternatively you can recycle your old phones through Vodafone or Spark stores.
Safe disposal of contaminants
A link to more information about how to safely dispose of contaminants is provided in the Resources & Links section.
Last updated on 14 Nov 2017